Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 May 2015

Man Excretes 70 Wraps Of Cocaine In NDLEA Net

The National Drug Law Enforcement
Agency(NDLEA)at the international wing of
the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (NAA),Abuja,
has arrested a 39-year-old suspected drug
trafficker, Celestine Ikechukwu Okonkwo,
for excreting 70 wraps of cocaine weighing
1.326kg shortly on arrival from Brazil.
NDLEA Commander at Abuja Airport, Mr.
Hamisu Lawan, who disclosed this
yesterday, said that the suspect tested
positive for cocaine ingestion.
According to Hamisu, “the suspect tested
positive to drug ingestion while returning
from Sao Paulo, Brazil. He later excreted 70
wraps of cocaine weighing 1.326kg.”
Narrating his ordeal in the hands of drug
barons, who sponsored his trip to Brazil
under the guise of white collar job, the
suspect who sells used clothes at Idumota
market, said that he was promised mouth-
watering job opportunities here in Nigeria.
He however said that he was made to
suffer untold hardship before being used in
smuggling cocaine.
Confessing, Celestine said that he was a
happy man until the drug barons
approached him with a promise of better
job abroad.
According to him, “I was in my shop at
Idumota market where I sell used clothes. I
will never forget the day a young man
came to my shop to buy shirt. He told me
he is from Anambra and that he lives in
Brazil. He also promised to help me with a
good job opportunity over there. Honestly,
I was excited and felt it was answer to my
age long prayer. He collected my phone
number and left. This was how it all
started.”
Narrating his ordeal further, he stated that
after three months, the man whose identity
he did not mention called him that he was
back to Nigeria.
In his words, “he prepared my
international passport and also
secured a visa for me. Then he told
me to get set to travel anytime. Few
weeks later, he brought my ticket and
I travelled to Brazil in January 2015. He
gave me the name of the hotel where
I will stay pending when he will get
me a job. I was eventually abandoned
to suffer. When I exhausted my
money, I began to sleep in a church. I
also began to work for a Nigerian
woman who owns a restaurant in
order not to starve to death”.
The suspect also claimed that drug
trafficking was not originally discussed with
him before he left Nigeria.
According to him, “Nobody discussed drug
trafficking with me while in Nigeria. It was
after I had lived in the church for some
months that my sponsor located me in Sau
Paulo. I was told that there is no free lunch
in Brazil and that I have suffered and
experienced difficult life in Brazil. This was
the point they introduced drug trafficking as
the only way out. They said that was what
people do to make money. It took me
about seven hours to swallow 70 wraps of
cocaine. I was inexperienced because
it was my first time. They promised to
pay me N400,000 when I get to
Nigeria.”

No comments:

Post a Comment