Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 May 2015

I Was Given Only N50k From The Operation Says Lekki Robbery Suspect

A suspected member of the armed robbery gang
that attacked a bank in Lekki, Lagos in March this
year says he was given only N50,000 from the
operation that claimed the lives of three police
officers and a teenage street hawker. Ekelemo
Kuete.
The suspect, an Ondo state indigene, who is one
of the four arrested this week (all 4 pictured
below), said 15 of them went for the operation
and that he was the one that drove the speed
boat that took the robbers to the crime scene and
drove them after they had completed their
operation.
"We were 15 in number that went for that
operation and we used two speed boats. Five of
us stayed back in the boat at Lekki while the other
10 went inside the bank. When they killed the
policemen and two other civilians I queried them
but they didn’t listen. I am the speed boat driver
that took the armed robbery gang to Lekki on
March 12, 2015. I didn’t want to go, they forced
me, and after the operation, they gave me
N50,000. I have not gone for robbery operation
before now; I am into oil bunkering in Arepo
along Lagos Ibadan expressway, a community in
Ogun state. I know they were robbers when the
contracted me to use my speed boat to convey
them through the waterways to Lekki. I make
money from oil bunkering between N50,000-
N80,000 each time I go to work" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment