Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 May 2015

Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan

Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday
expressed the fears that his wife might divorce
him because of his decision to allow the process
of the just concluded election go on to its logical
conclusion without interference.
Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in
his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent
Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan
cited the case of the former South African
Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife
divorced him for taking the decision to end the
minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.
President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to
Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the
opportunity to serve at various capacities
reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate
sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.
He said: “I believe there are reasons for
everything. Some hard decisions have their own
cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the
government this way that stabilized certain
things, the electoral process and other things that
brought stability into this country. They were
very costly decisions which I myself must be
ready to pay for.
“Some people come to me and say this or that
person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it
not your government that this person benefited
from? But this is what the person is saying. But I
used to say worse statements will come. If you
take certain decisions, you should know that
those close to you will even abandon you at
some point. And I tell them that more of my
so-called friends will disappear. When FW
De Clerk took the decision to abolish
minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced
him. I hope my wife will not divorce me.
But that is the only decision that has made
RSA to still remain a global player by this
time. If we still had that minority rule there, by
this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for
the generality of the people but it might affect
people differently. So for ministers and aides who
served with me, I sympathize with them, they
will be persecuted. And they must be ready for
that persecution” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment