Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 May 2015

My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE

P opular singer, Abolore Akanda (9ice) recently
contested for the Federal House of
Representatives, Ogbomosho North/
Ogbomosho South/Orire Federal Constituency on
the platform of his party, APC but lost out at the
primaries.
He spoke with Vanguard Newspaper in an
exclusive interview:
What’s the greatest lesson you’ve learnt
from your
experience in politics?
I’ve learnt that Nigeria lacks leadership. It’s
‘moneyticians’ that they see, and they have no
choice but to follow whoever they see. During
the
course of my campaign, I learnt a lot, and I got
closer
to the people. I listened to their yearnings, and
realized that they want a lot of things, but are not
getting what they want.
I will also implore people who have the passion
to
lead their people to offer themselves up for
service.
The people that we have there now are not
leaders;
they’re just there for whatever they’ll gain.
This is your first shot at politics, but what
would you
say is your ultimate ambition?
My ultimate ambition in politics is to become the
governor of Oyo State. However, I’ll still run for
the
Federal House of Representatives to serve my
constituency in the next election. I believe I can
serve
in that position very well, and I also know that I
stand
the chance to become the governor of Oyo State.
As the Special Adviser to the Oyo State
governor on
Youths, what are your plans for the people
of the
state?
My plans are to spring up so many ideas that I
already have at the back of my mind. Initiatives
like
the Governor’s Cup in terms of Sports, and also
by
organizing debates. The era of debates has died,
and
I think we need to encourage the brilliant students
who have the capacity for that in Oyo State. I
intend
to present such students to the governor so they
can
be supported academically, and if the powers that
be
support the idea, then I think we’re good to go.
How do you intend to combine your role as
a public
official and an artiste?
I don’t think one disturbs the other. My political
office is during the day as Abolore Akande, and
music is performed at night by 9ice. I think I have
already differentiated the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment