Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 May 2015

My Husband Beats Me As If We Are In Boxing Competition - Woman Tells Lagos Court

A trader, Fatimo Nurudeen, on Friday pleaded
with an
Agege Customary Court in Lagos State to
dissolve her
12-year-old marriage for alleged frequent beating
and
fetish practice by her husband.
Fatimo, 31, who lives at 32, Akiode St., Ibafo,
Ogun,
told the court that her husband beats her
frequently.
“I don’t think my husband is normal because he
beats
me as if we are in a boxing competition.
“Also, he brought home a substance suspected
to be
fetish in nature and put it in our room. I was
afraid of
it, and my children and myself had to run for our
dear
lives from our matrimonial home.
“My husband drinks to stupor and smokes Indian
hemp, after which he usually loses self control.
“I do not love him anymore, I want a dissolution
of our
marriage ,” the mother of two children; ages
seven
years and ten years said.
Fatimo also told the court that she had been the
one
responsible for the upkeep of her children before
and
after she had packed out of her husband’s house
three years’ ago.
“I want the custody of my children but I want
him to be
responsible for their monthly upkeep,” she said.
The husband, Ayomide Yakubu, 35, a welder by
occupation, failed to appear in court.
The President, Mr Phillips Williams, told the
woman to
maintain the peace and ordered the court
registrar to
serve Yakubu another court summons.
Williams adjourned the case to June 1 for further
hearing.(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment