Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 May 2015

Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court

“My wife, Mary, encourages my son to
drink and smoke Indian hemp,’’ a 66-year-
old pastor, Vincent Omojeya, told an
Igando Customary Court in Lagos State on
Thursday.
Omojeya, the petitioner, begged the court
to dissolve his 36-year-old marriage to his
wife, Mary, 58, saying that he was no
longer in love with her.
The pastor said that he did not want to live
under the same roof with them as they
might kill him.
He told the court that his wife whom
he married 36 years ago, was the one
that destroyed his son’s life by not
cautioning him anytime he erred.
“My wife always ignores my son whenever
he does wrong things; my son does not
sleep in the house, he drinks a lot and
smokes Indian hemp heavily in my house.
“And anytime I try to scold him, my wife
will not allow me,’’ he said.
The pastor said that Mary was also
fond of instigating his children against
him, especially his only son to
disrespect him.
“Anytime my wife and I are fighting,
she will call my son and order him to
beat me up in her presence.
“There was a day my son threatened
to kill me, he brought out a knife with
which he attempted to stab me in the
stomach.
“My son also grabbed my neck but I had to
prevent him from stabbing me and in the
process the knife cut my hand.
“We were taken to the police station where
the officers advised me to pack out of the
house for my dear life or else my family
members will kill me.
“I have packed out of the house for
two years now and rented a room thus
denying myself the comfort of the
house I built with my money,’’ he told
the court.
Omojeya also alleged that his son broke the
wind screen of a car he had just bought on
hire-purchase while his wife was there
watching him.
However, the 58-year-old Mary Omojeya,
in her defence, alleged that her husband
was always cursing his family members
anytime they offended him using the Holy
Bible.
“My husband never prays for either the
children or myself, rather he cursed us
using the bible and assaulted us over any
slight provocation,’’the mother of five said.
“My husband has a wire which he
always uses to flog me and the
children; he always fights with his
friends, tenants and church members
also.
“These always lead us to the police
station for settlement,’’ she said Mary
said that Vincent was an ingrate who had
forgot that her mother and uncle sponsored
the education of their children up to the
university level.
Then, my husband was always
complaining that he did not have money to
sponsor our children’s education, she said.
Mary said that her husband removed the
roof on their flat and
disconnected the wire that was supplying
electricity to their flat thus throwing them
into darkness.
She also accused her husband of
disconnecting the pipes that supplied
potable water to their apartment.
The development, she added, left the family
to buy water for domestic purposes from
unknown sources and fetching rain water
anytime it rained.
She denied the accusation that their son
was always fighting his father on her
prompting.
Mary said that rather, their son was always
protecting her from his father whenever
my husband was beating me.
The respondent, however, begged the
court not to grant her husband’s wish
for the dissolution of their marriage,
saying that she was still in love with
her husband.
The President, Mr Hakeem Oyekan,
adjourned the case to May 27 for further
hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment