Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 May 2015

Police Rescue Woman From Ritualists’ Den In Ogun

Police in Ogun State have uncovered a suspected
ritualists’ den located in Unity and Peace Estate
along Itele-Lafenwa Road in Ota, Ado-Odo/Ota
Local Government Area of the state.
The police stormed the suspected ritualists’ den
on Wednesday following the miraculous escape
of a 28-year-old lady (names withheld), who was
being held with her hands and feet bound and
kept in an uncompleted building in the estate.
The young woman, who was blindfolded and
cloth stuffed in her mouth was said to have told
the police that her captors, who kept her in the
building had planned to come for her later in the
night.
She reportedly struggled to free herself and
crawled towards the entrance to the building,
where passers-by saw her and rescued her.
The woman, who sustained injuries on her head,
was said to have refused to disclose her identity
before policemen from Itele police station
stormed the scene and cordoned off the area.
While combing the area, the police were said to
have discovered decomposing bodies of two
female victims in the nearby bush within the
vicinity of the uncompleted building.
Bones of other victims were also said to have
littered the bush.
Explaining her ordeal, the lucky woman said she
met one of her captors, who had introduced
himself as a businessman, two weeks ago, and
they began a romantic relationship, adding that
about two days ago, the man called and
informed her that he had secured a contract
worth N1.5 million for her at a site in the estate for
the supply of bags of cement.
She stated that on her arrival, other members of
the syndicate, who had hid themselves in the
bush, joined her ‘boyfriend’ and they molested
her.
“The man called me two days ago and told me
about a contract worth about N1.5 million, but I
could not go and meet him because I was sick.
The man later came to my residence in Lagos
and still persuaded me to come for the contract
deal.
“But on getting to the Unity and Peace Estate, we
headed for an uncompleted building, one other
person joined us. But I was surprised when we
got to the building, I smelt a rat, because the
building was already plastered and the floor had
been cemented too.
“But before I knew what hit me, both of them
pounced on me, beat me up and attempted To
Molest me. But I was having my monthly flow
that was what dissuaded them. They then tied
both my hands and legs, covered my face and
mouth with cloth. They promised to come back
at night to complete their assignment. It was a
miracle that passers-by rescued me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment