Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 March 2016

» "My Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant & Bra From Our Home" «

A 39-year-old food vendor, Adejoke Omotosho, on Thursday
told an Igando Customary in Lagos State that her
husband’s girlfriend stole her underwear from their
matrimonial home.
Adejoke, the petitioner, also told the court that her
husband, Musiliu Omotosho, was in the habit of bringing his
lovers to their one-room apartment.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the couple
is blessed with four children.
The petitioner sought for divorce of the union on the
grounds of lack of care and infidelity.
She said that she was the one responsible for the
education of their children.
“This is the fifth time that he will bring women into our
house; on four occasions I had reported him to our
families.
“Most times in the past, they begged me to forgive him
because of our children, which I did.
“On this faithful day, my neighbours told me that I had a
visitor, but I didn’t understand what they meant, only for
me to catch my husband again with another woman in our
room.
“I told them that if they were not satisfied with the rounds
of sex they had, they should go for more rounds,’’ she
said.
The petitioner said that she had run out of patience and
wanted the dissolution of her marriage to Musiliu.
“I am running out of patience, I had kept my cool all this
while, but I felt I don’t need him again, he has disrespected
me enough.
“I discovered after the lady had left our house that she
went away with my bra and pants. I allowed her to go with
my underwear because I cannot fight over a shameless
husband.
“I have checked our lives and I realise that I’m better off
without him; I pay our children’s school fees.
“ I feed the family and pay the house rent since he had
stopped paying. He is of no use to me,’’ Adejoke said.
The petitioner said that she was scared of contracting
sexually transmitted diseases (STD) from her husband due
to his unfaithfulness.
“I don’t want to contract any sexually transmitted
diseases from him, my children still need me.
“ I will be of no use to them if I have HIV or other diseases;
I want this marriage dissolved so that I can start my life all
over,’’ she said.
Adejoke also alleged that her husband was fond of
intimidating her sales girls.
“He goes to my shop and harasses my sales girls to give
him money from the proceeds of my sales.
“There was a day he went to my shop and broke the door,
because I took my keys away from where he could have
had access to them.
“ I don’t know how I ended up marrying him,’’ she said.
Musiliu in his response denied all the allegations.
“ I usually give her N500 per day, a claim Adejoke denied. I
pay my bills, but she also assists me as any good wife will
do.
“Please, help me beg her because I still love her,’’ he
pleaded with the court.
Musiliu added, “Iya Idaya, the woman my wife said I’m
dating is a supplier on our site where I am a bricklayer.
“We were not having sex as my wife claimed, there is
nothing between us,’’ he said.
The Court President, Adegboyega Omilola, ordered Musiliu
to tell his alleged lover to return Adejoke’s underwear.
The president ordered both Musiliu and Adejoke to come
along with three members of their respective families for
an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) on April 17 when
the case would come up.(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment