Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 January 2016

» Panel Of Inquiry Forced To Indict Amaechi – Member Reveals As He Defects To APC «

About one thousand members of the People
Democratic Party in Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni local
government area of Rivers State have defected
to the All Progressives Congress.
One of the most prominent defectors is Prof.
Henry Ogboma.
Prof. Ogboma was a member of the Judicial
Panel of Inquiry set up by the state Governor
Nyesom Wike, to probe the administration of the
former Governor of State, Rotimi Amaechi.
Prof. Ogboma made damning revelations, not
just concerning the PDP as a party but also with
regards to Governor Wike and his Panel of
Inquiry.
According to him, “when I was proposed as
member of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry, I told
them that I was not disposed to such an
assignment, but after I appraised the nature of
those who came to my house to persuade me to
accept the job, their utterances and advice, I
came to the conclusion that the assignment was
not open for my election. So I took it.
“The private briefing was more shocking and
worrisome to me. It was more like, ‘you guys
must look for something, you must create
something to indict Amaechi’.
“The Report was adjusted several times without
success. At some point I felt pity for the
Chairman. He was helpless. Please, I don’t want
to say more about that Panel for now. All I can
tell you is that the PDP is an assemblage of
greedy elements, militants and touts who have
no interest of the State at heart. The Governor
and the PDP are desperate and wickedly
mischievous. You need to be extremely careful
to stay around them.”
In the same vein, seven members of the PDP in
Ndele community in Emuoha local government
and about fifty others in Elelenwo community in
Obio Akpor local government also defected to
the APC.
Receiving the defectors at the different venues,
the running mate of the Governorship candidate
of APC, Asita Asita encouraged the people to
work for the party and development of the state.
Asita expressed hope that Rivers people would
have elections where voters would exercise their
fundamental rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment