Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 January 2016

Olu Falae: I Collected N100 Million ‘ Bribe’ From Dasuki For My Party, SDP To Endorse Jonathan

Former SGF Chief Olu Falae has opened up on why he
benefited in the ongoing Dasukigate scandal.
The septuagenarian today told Daily Sun that he collected
N100million from the N260million Chief Anenih received
from the former NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki.
Falae argued that the money was given to his party, SDP
to rally support for President Jonathan in the last
presidential election.
Her him:
“In the build up to the presidential election, the PDP
approached the SDP which I chaired. The then ruling party
solicited for our support in order for President Goodluck
Jonathan to win the March 28 presidential election. “Anenih
related with me as the chairman of the PDP BoT and I did
same as the SDP National Chairman. He wrote to me as
PDP BoT chairman and I wrote back as SDP National
Chairman stating conditions/terms for the alliance.
“It is true that N100 million was given to my party to
endorse and work for the Jonathan’s candidature in the
2015 election. We used the money for that purpose and we
effectively campaigned for the PDP since we did not have
presidential candidate in the election. The money was not
for me.
“Thank God I’m a retired civil servant. I have all the
documents to prove all that transpired between the two
parties.” The former Finance Minister stated that there
was no way he could know that the money was from arms
fund. “With all the money PDP has and having spent 16
years in power, how would I know that the money was from
the arms deal? No reference was made to the arms deal.
So, they should not bring me into the arms issue.”
Olu Falae who sent a letter to the EFCC today didn’t
explain how he spent the huge amount of money he
received from Jonathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment