Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Why they call me Sunshine – Seyi Shay

Seyi Shay
Ask lovers of Nigerian music today to mention the top
five female singers ruling the music scene right now and
see if Seyi Shay’s name doesn’t pop up. At least, this
must be one of the reasons Pepsi thought it befitting to
make her their newest ambassador alongside Tiwa
Savage and Wizkid
Born Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua in London to Nigerian
parents, Seyi started her professional career in 2005 by
producing three songs for the soundtrack to the
Konami’s video game Crime Life: Gang Wars and
recently took the Nigerian music scene by storm with
her smash hits “Irawo”, “Ragga Ragga”, and “Chairman”.
Concerning her pet names, Seyi told Potpourri she has
several names she goes by for different reasons. “The
first one is Sunshine. The person that calls me that says
it’s because I’m always happy and I am warm to others.
There is ‘Irawo’ after my hit single ‘Irawo’ but my very
first pet name is Sey-Seyi. My sister still calls my
name twice like that till today” she says

No comments:

Post a Comment