Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 December 2015

“Gerrahere’ Was Not In The Script, I Just Said”- Francis Odega

Before the popular lines ‘gerarahere ’ and ‘wollup
Nigga ’, lines from the movie “ Welcome To South ’,
began trending, Nollywood actor and comedian
Francis Odega was just the average Joe in the
industry, but a flash of creativity in a movie changed
his life and today he has become a household name
and even bagged an Etisalat endorsement.
In a chat with ENCOMIUM Weekly, the actor,
revealed that the lines ‘gerrarahere’ and ‘wollup
nigga’ were not even in the script and that it was
something else entirely.
He said:
That movie was actually done three years ago.
Starring me, Imeh Bishop, Dede Oneday. The story is
about three friends going outside the country with
the help of a common friend. When they came back,
they began to speak with an accent to oppress the
others.
The line, Gerarahere was not in the script. The
script is a guide. The script writer does not know
your limitations and a good actor should be able to
spice a script up as long as he doesn’t deviate from
the storyline
It was South Africa we went to, and we got back
speaking Americana English. What the script says is,
‘Hold on my brother, just hold on,’ but I changed it
to ‘Wollup nigga wollup.’
I looked at the script and decided to give it my best.
I didn’t know it was going to go viral this way. I
didn’t post on Instagram and I don’t know who did. I
hadn’t even joined Instagram till people started
calling that I was trending on Instagram. 50 Cent
even posted a video of me.
I had to download and join Instagram. I thank God
for His mercies. I still believe God’s Hand was
involved. When God remembers one, he does
wonders and God blesses who He chooses to bless.
Nobody forces God to bless him or her.”
Amen brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment