Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 June 2015

» Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan «

THE lawmaker representing Bayelsa East
Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray
Bruce, has said that in the spirit of the
month of Ramadan observed by Muslim
faithfuls, he will not respond to critics over
his decision to donate half of his wardrobe
allowance to the unpaid workers in Osun
state.
“I’ll take whatever attacks come my way
but nothing & nobody can dissuade me
from doing what my conscience directs in
helping my fellow man.
The month of Ramadan is here. Many
unpaid workers will fast. With what will
they break their fast? I thought of that and it
moved me to act.
I may not be a Muslim, but I respect Islam
and I believe that it is wrong for me to
respond to any attack during the Holy
month of Ramadan.
I wish the Muslim Ummah a successful fast.
Please pray for God’s intervention in Nigeria
so that peace may return. Ramadan
Kareem, ” he posted on twitter.
It will be recalled that the Rauf Aregbesola
government which has been unable to pay
public workers in the state for more than
seven months ridiculed the gesture of the
lawmaker, describing it as a mockery of
Nigerian workers.
On Wednesday, The Senator said “I, Ben
Murray Bruce, will not sit down idly, while
my fellow citizens die because salaries have
not been paid. As a first step, I am
immediately donating my wardrobe
allowance to unpaid workers in Osun State
and widows in my Constituency. We are
starting in Osun, but we will not end there. I
will do as much to help workers who’ve
not been paid in other states.”
But in a swift reaction, the Osun State
government lampooned the lawmaker ,
saying he was playing to the gallery just as
he said he (Murray-Bruce) was trivialising
the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment