Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 June 2015

» Amaechi's Spokesperson Reacts To "Invasion" Of Her Home «

Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion"
Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials
The immediate former commissioner for
information in Rivers State, Mrs Ibim
Semenitari has reacted to the raiding of her
house by officials of the Rivers state
government and the towing away of an
Lexus SUV which was said to be
government property from her residence.
Her full statement is given below:
Subject: RESPONSE TO MR NYESOM WIKE
PRESS STATEMENT BY MRS IBIM
SEMENITARI
On Thursday June 18, 2015, over 10
policemen armed with machine guns and in
two trucks - one Ford Transit and one Hilux
arrived my residence, No 12 A Ernest Ikoli
Street, Old G.R.A Port Harcourt. Without
either a search warrant, letter or precious
information, they forced their way into my
premises.
My security guard on duty requested to
know their mission and who sent them.
They refused to disclose either, but went
round taking photographs and videoing my
premises. The security guard got in touch
with my assistant who spoke with the men,
explaining to them that I was out of town
and again requested to know their mission
and purpose. Again they declined insisting
on seeing me first. She then got in touch
with me by phone as we were uncertain as
to the identity of the policemen in question.
Upon further investigation and after about 3
hours of them laying siege on my premise,
I was told that they were from Rivers State
Government House and had been sent to
recover vehicles in my possession.
They attempted to break into a Range Rover
Jeep belonging to my Husband and bought
long before I was made Commissioner in
Rivers State Government, damaging the
front door. The vehicle in question contrary
to the lies being paraded is not an armoured
vehicle and has never at any point belonged
to the Rivers State Government nor its
agents including myself as Commissioner
of Information.
By the time I finally made contact with them
and expressed my displeasure, they insisted
that they would take away a Lexus jeep
duly allocated to me as Commissioner of
Information and which by law I am entitled
to leave with upon leaving office. The
monetization policy of the government
allows public officers to leave government
with their official vehicles as this is in lieu of
vehicle, allowance, transport and other
allowances, which they cannot draw
because of the monetization policy of 2002.
Mr. Nyesom Wike served as Chief of Staff,
and upon departure left with all the vehicles
he used as Chief of Staff. This has been the
practice since this democratic dispensation
when President Olusegun Obassanjo
instituted the monetisation policy. Having
served as Commissioner for two tenures, I
am entitled to my status cars and have
proof of allocation.
While I understand that Mr. Wike feels a dire
need to destroy the reputation of Governor
Amaechi and all those worked with him, it
is unacceptable that he will engage in
brigandage, thuggery and underhand
tactics to do so. A simple letter from any
government official requesting me to make
a submission or tender documentation
would have been the appropriate way to go
and I would have willingly tendered all the
relevant documents to them. Breaking into
my home, invading my privacy, damaging
my property and removing property from
my premises is inappropriate and illegal.
I have chosen however to put out these
details in the public space as it is apparent
that for some persons only a destruction of
my hard earned reputation would do and
this I would not accept. My records in the
Ministry of Information are crystal clear I
hope that Mr. Nyesom Wike is able to say
same about his tenure in every office he has
held. Forcing their home into my home
unlawfully isn’t the appropriate way for any
government that claims legitimacy to
behave.
Ibim Semenitari
June 18, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment