Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pedro: Barcelona forward 'wants to leave the club'

Barcelona forward Pedro wants to leave
the Spanish side, says technical secretary
Robert Fernandez.
Pedro has been linked with Manchester
United,
as the Premier League side look to replace
Angel Di Maria.
The 28-year-old scored the winner as the Catalan
club beat Sevilla 5-4 in a thrilling Super Cup
on Tuesday.
"Pedro has told me he wants to go. The buyout
clause in his contract is not negotiable but this
could be his final game," said Fernandez.
Pedro 'angry' at not playing
Spain international Pedro has scored 99 goals in
319 games for Barcelona, and has won five La
Liga titles with the club.
Pedro, who made 50 appearances for the Nou
Camp side last season, has won the Champions
League three times, including scoring a goal in the
2011 final against Manchester United. He has also
played a part in Spain's World Cup and European
Championship triumphs.
Asked if he wanted to leave Barcelona, he said on
Tuesday night: "The answer is no. But it is a
difficult, complicated situation. When you know
you may leave it is difficult."
Pedro said the issue around his future was "not
for money", but about "minutes" on the pitch,
adding he had a "lot of anger" at not starting the
Super Cup.
But he criticised Fernandez for "some very
unfortunate declarations".
"I've not said what Robert's said, or at least not
how I said it," the forward told a Spanish
broadcaster after the match.
"The truth is that I had a good chance to play.
The coach has decided not to count on me. I
don't know, I don't know if I will continue here,"
he added.
"Manchester? Yes, there are nice challenges on all
sides. Today I'm here, and I'm happy. And if I
go, I will go with my head held high having
always given everything."
What his team-mates said
Lionel Messi, scorer of two goals against
Sevilla, said: "The players and the club don't know
what he is going to do. It is his decision, but
whatever he does we wish him the best."
Argentine Javier Mascherano added: "Hopefully
he can continue here. He is one of those players
that is made for the big moments. He has that
touch where he delivers at the vital point."
Midfielder Sergio Busquets said: "He is a player
who has helped a lot, that deserves it. Who, as
he said himself, doesn't get all the minutes that he
would like - and I think he deserves.
"But, this is football and I wish him all the best
either here or wherever he wants. He has said he
doesn't want to leave but well, in the end all us
players want to play and we will see what
happens."
'Van Gaal destroys clubs'
However, he has been warned about a move to
Old Trafford, with former striker Hristo
Stoichkov saying he would "no longer be a
footballer" if he went there.
The Bulgarian said: "Pedro is a symbol of
Barcelona, a type of player with energy, he fights
to make himself great. Why do Barcelona need to
sell him?
"I'd never be under the orders of Louis van Gaal.
He destroys clubs, he did it with Barcelona, and
after they take years to build."

No comments:

Post a Comment