Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 August 2015

» Court Dissolves 25-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals «

An Ikorodu Customary Court, Lagos, on Tuesday
dissolved a 25-year-old marriage, between one
Olufade Adekoya and his wife, Olusola, over
lateness in preparing meals.
President of the court, Mr Olu Adebiyi, who
dissolved the marriage, said there was “no longer
any love in the marriage.’’
Adebiyi said that the court had tried several times
to reconcile their indifferences but all efforts
proved abortive.
“Therefore, you have ceased to be husband and
wife, henceforth.
“I put an end to the union between both of you
from today in the interest of peace,” he said.
The 57-year-old husband had told the court that
his wife does not cook for him regularly and
when she does, the food comes late.
“My wife had failed in her matrimonial obligations;
she doesn’t prepare my food on time, I have
warned her several times but she wouldn’t listen
to me.
“ Most times I go to the canteen to eat when I am
hungry, there is no point in harbouring a wife
that makes me hungry.
“In fact, my sister saw me there one of these
days, I am totally fed up.
“Please separate us, I am no more interested in
the marriage.’’
However, the 45-year-old respondent denied all
the allegations and accused her husband of
wanting to take another wife.
“He is accusing me wrongly because he wants to
take another wife, please help me beg him.

No comments:

Post a Comment