Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Was Dating Emma Nyra, I Spent Almost N30million On Her – Ubi Franklin

Earlier today, former Made Men Music Group
(MMMG) artiste Emma Nyra denied dating her
former boss Ubi Franklin in an interview with
Golden Icons.
The singer swore she never dated Ubi but doesn’t
mind dating Iyanya, Lynxxx or Reminisce.
Probably feeling disrespected, Ubi Franklin who
normally keeps his relationships under wraps,
has decided to let the cat out of the bag. The
newly engaged label executive revealed he was
sleeping with Emma Nyra and managing her
brand at the same time.
Speaking with TheCable in a tell-it-all interview,
Ubi disclosed he and the US returnee were
actually an item as most fans and industry
pundits suspected.
In his own words, “I was dating Emma Nyra and
the relationship didn’t go as I thought it should
have gone. When you’re dating somebody and
you are the boss, there are things you can’t tell
your wife or your girlfriend. But if you say it to an
employee you are dating, they tend to
misbehave. Like, if you tell the others to do
something, they will obey without thinking about
it. It’s not only me but it has happened to a lot of
people, but that is the business lesson I’ve learnt
in my life.”
Ubi who managed to keep the relationship under
wraps futher stated the relationship affected his
life adversely.
According to him, “That relationship made me
cut off a lot of people and it also made me feel like
everybody wanted the same ‘cake’ I was having.
I spent a lot of time trying to beef people when I
am not supposed to. It really dealt me a big blow.
I decided in the end that it doesn’t make any
sense and we both understood that and moved
on.”
Ubi futher admitted he made terrible business
decisions by investing so much money on his
former girlfriend. Claiming he spent close to N30
million on Emma Nyra, Ubi said, “I don’t think
that I have spent as much money on Iyanya as
I’ve spent on Emma Nyra. Emma has like nine
videos at about N3.5m.”
Ubi however seems to have moved on as he
recently proposed to Nollywood actress Lilian
Esoro and they are both planning to tie the knot
later this year. He met his wife-to-be at a friend’s
party and promptly told her he was interested in
marriage and soon enough they maintained a
low-key relationship until they both made their
relationship public.
Ubi who is obviously love-struck praised his new
girlfriend describing her as someone he has
always wanted. He quipped, “She’s everything I
can ever ask God for. She’s very brilliant, she can
cook. She’s usually quiet and more reserved.
She’s not one of those actresses who are just out
there and all over the place. She’s very subtle
with everything she does.“

No comments:

Post a Comment