Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 April 2015

“I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega

Former Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday
Orubebe has denied reports his protests against
INEC chairman,Jega at the presidential result
collation centre ,was a deliberate attempt to cause
chaos to pave way for Jega’s abduction and
trigger national violence. Reacting, he told
Leadership.ng
“I am shocked. In fact, am still wondering why I
will ever consider conniving with friends and
other party stalwarts to foment national violence
that will in turn fall on children, women and
youths as falsely speculated to the detriment of
the unity and peace of our great nation. I am an
advocate of peace. This was why I was in the
forefront to anchor the celebrated ceasefire with
Niger Delta ex- militants to usher in peace to the
once restive region. I cannot afford to sacrifice
national unity and peace on the platter of power.”
Orubebe insisted, count me out of any plot to
abduct Jega. I am too discipline to stoop that low.
I have never thought of that and to this effect, I
want to tell Nigerians and the world at large that
the circulated story is not only slanderous,
liberious but a disparaging defamatory otherwise
salacious material against my personality and a
cheap strategy to sale their papers’.‘I have
directed my lawyer to write ThisDay and stop
them from henceforth, desist from further
publishing and misleading Nigerians. Orubebe
further accused the paper of flouting the ethics of
balance reportage , saying it in clear terms that ‘I
was never called nor SMS as they claim.’

No comments:

Post a Comment